An outstanding location for research, innovation and business.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
Norfolk is home to a cluster of internationally-renowned research organisations and businesses based on the Norwich Research Park. With over 11,000 people including 2,700 scientists, it is recognised as an outstanding location for research, innovation and business.
Norwich Research Park is one of Europe's leading centres for research in food, health and the environment, which is underpinned by its research strengths in plant and microbial sciences, diet and nutrition, biomedicine and pharmacy, chemistry and social and computing sciences. Scientists, clinicians and entrepreneurs are working together to tackle the major challenges facing all of us in the 21st Century.
The Norwich Research Park is expanding and has 52 ha of land available for commercial development with office and laboratory accommodation on offer for science, technology and related businesses.
Benefits of locating your business on the Norwich Research Park
The Norwich Research Park is home to a thriving community of businesses who benefit from the advantages that this unique cluster provides. By choosing to locate your business here, you will join a highly concentrated network of 3,000 researchers, scientists and clinicians with a unique combination of skills. This dynamic environment equips companies with the expertise and opportunities to accelerate their business and stay at the cutting edge of innovation.
The Norwich Research Park offers the following accommodation:
• Centrum – opening in Spring 2014 – offering 22,300 sq ft (2,070 sq m) of contemporary accommodation within what will be the new hub building located at the heart of the Park. Two upper floors provide highly flexible and customisable office and laboratory accommodation on flexible lease terms with the ground floor offering meeting and networking space with a business centre and 130 seat restaurant/café which is open to all visitors.
• Innovation Centre - provides 26,910 sq ft (2,500 sq m) of high quality mixed office and laboratory space with flexible lease terms for growing businesses.
• West Site – 5,400 sq ft (500 sq m) of economic office space on flexible lease terms.
• Norwich BioIncubator – 13,500 sq ft (1,250 sq m) of flexible office and laboratory space for start-ups and SMEs available on flexible lease terms.
• The Enterprise Centre – an exemplar low carbon building which will provide 7,000 sq ft (650 sq m) of flexible workspace for start-ups and SMEs of up to 10 people within cellular office suites or open plan co-location space.
• Design and Build opportunities – for larger organisations requiring a bespoke build, there is over 128 acres (52 hectares) of commercial expansion zone with master planned plots available for a variety of business types with planning consent for R&D and ancillary uses.
By locating your business on Norwich Research Park, you can take advantage of the extensive facilities and services available as well as the support of the on-site management team. They include:
• Shared laboratory equipment
• Scientific facilities and expertise www.norwichresearchpark.com/researchfacilities
• Competitive purchasing options
• Consultancy services www.norwichresearchpark.com/consultancy
• Waste management and cleaning
• Superfast broadband and ability to link into academic and hospital networks
• Site-wide Wi-Fi and integrated telecoms
• On-site conference centre and meeting rooms with video conferencing facilities
• Ample on-site parking
• From Spring 2014, Centrum will provide an ideal meeting and events venue available for hire
Over £500 million has been invested in the Norwich Research Park in the last five years alone and in the 2011 Government budget an additional £26m was awarded through the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) for economic growth and job creation.
All located within a 1km radius, the Park is home to the University of East Anglia, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, four independent world-renowned research institutes namely the John Innes Centre, Institute of Food Research and The Genome Analysis Centre (all strategically funded by the BBSRC) and The Sainsbury Laboratory plus around 30 science and IT based businesses.
Set in over 230 hectares of parkland within one of the greenest cities in the UK, the Park also provides an attractive work environment alongside superb leisure facilities including restaurants, cafés the Sportspark, a state-of-the art fitness centre, and the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts housing world art collections and exhibitions.
To find out more please visit www.norwichresearchpark.com or contact the Norwich Research Park management office. The team will send you further information, arrange your visit, put you in touch with scientific or business people as appropriate, or simply help you explore the possibilities.
Commercial enquiries: Jonathan Barnard, Estates Manager, +44 (0)1603 274411 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific enquiries: Dr Matthew Hills, Business-Science Liaison, +44 (0) 1603 274441 email@example.com